Fairfield First Fridays November Gallery Hop Join Fairfield First Fridays on Friday, November 5th, from 6 to
Fairfield First Fridays November Gallery Hop
Join Fairfield First Fridays on Friday, November 5th, from 6 to 9:00 p.m., for a night of art and fun! This event is a “register to win event”. Stop in the participating galleries and register at each location to be entered to win a piece of art created by a local artist. The winner will be drawn the following week, you do not have to be present to win, if your name is drawn you will be contacted.
Fairfield First Fridays is fortunate to have some fantastic local artists with work in the drawing, they are Greg Thatcher, David Kupferman, John Preston, Joanie McGinnis and Bill Teeple, and more.
There are four great galleries to visit! Fairfield Art Association, Cindy’s Artbeat/Henderson’s, ICON, and Americus Gallery. There will also be many other locations open on and around the square with activities, as well as for dining, and shopping a few are listed below:
- Americus Diamond- 100 W. Burlington Ave. Americus Gallery will be showing Christopher Kufner’s original oil paintings, featuring Italian/French Landscapes, and Figurative works. Also, showing original oil paintings by Kim Kufner, Original watercolor and ink paintings by Genevra Bell, Art Glass Vases by David Lotton, Leaping Koi sculptures by Dale Divoky, Kristin Ford’s Jewelry with Meaning, many of which are one of a kind, and Custom dichroic glass jewelry by Pedro Lujano. Also, beautiful New Crystals for your home are available for purchase from our recent buying trip! Gallery Hours: Wednesday – Thursday 11 – 5 ArtWalk Friday 11 – 9 (normally Friday is 11 – 5), Saturday 11 – 3. (Gallery Hop Participant)
- Carnegie Historical Museum- 114 S. Court St.- Work continues as CARNEGIE HISTORICAL MUSEUM volunteers refresh old exhibits. Newly installed artifacts are peppered throughout the museum.
- Essential Sounds- (Inside the Orpheum Lobby) Dance Party hosted by DJ G.Rod from 7 pm to 12 am.
- Fairfield Art Association- (inside the Arts and Convention Center) Special Veterans Diorama Display by Mike Carlson- Over 30 scenes historically recreated in 1/18 and 1/6 scale (sample below) In Main Gallery at FA&CC Opening Reception 6:30-8:30 PM. “Iowa Art Quilters & Fiber Artists” continues in Main Gallery “Gin Lammert’s Plein Air Pastels” in Hallway Gallery. Sales Gallery Open with new works by area artists. (Gallery Hop Participant)
- Henderson’s/Cindy’s Art Beat-53 W. Broadway Ave Cindy’s ArtBeat/Henderson’s Gallery will have the new exhibit, “Potpourri #2” available for viewing during the First Friday’s ArtWalk in November. This exhibit features several area artists showing a variety of media from oil paintings to acrylics, abstracts to realism, along with more experimental art and mixed media. Please stop in and enjoy a variety of work from artists of different age groups and levels of experience. Friday, November 5th hours: 1-5, and 6:30-9:00 p.m. (Gallery Hop Participant)
- ICON Gallery- 58 N. Main St. ICON Main Gallery “Synergy” Three Iowa City women artists working in low relief assemblage/collage. The Hudson Collection Gallery on the mezzanine at ICON.
- This exhibition brings together a selection of anonymous Shiva Linga paintings from ICON’s Hudson Collection, five anonymous Tantra paintings from the collection of David T. Hanson, and a group of Tantra-inspired paintings by Charlotte Cain. First Friday hours: 6:30 – 10:00 (Gallery Hop Participant)
- Stuff a Bear and More – 53 N. Court St.- Stuff a Bear and More will be open until 8 pm on Nov. First Friday. Get a jump start on holiday shopping with our “wish lists” that kiddos can fill out. Our motto this holiday season is to Shop EARLY while supplies last!
- The Bookhouse-54 W. Burlington Ave.- Live music! Society of Broken Souls. Stop in!
Thank you to our sponsors, Jefferson County Hospital and Clinics, Classic 96/KMCD, and Hawthorne Advertising. We appreciate your continued support!
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Marla at 641 233 8883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Friday) 6:22 pm - 6:22 pm