Friday, Dec 24th 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM The Rotary Club of Fairfield is hosting its annual Christmas Parade! Santa will be leaving the Iowa National Guard Armory in Fairfield and
Friday, Dec 24th 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
The Rotary Club of Fairfield is hosting its annual Christmas Parade! Santa will be leaving the Iowa National Guard Armory in Fairfield and making his way to Central Park. Santa will be listening to children’s Christmas wishes for the holidays! Visit with Santa and Santa’s Elves.
It will follow the same route as always, with Santa and his reindeer leading the way. Santa and his elves will throw candy to parade onlookers before making their final stop on the west side of Central Park to meet the area’s good little girls and boys, around 6-6:15 p.m.
This year’s parade will honor Larry Nash, who announced his retirement from Rotary after 57 years in the club. Nash is a retired dentist, and his tenure in Rotary saw him provide dental health care to children in Xicotepec, Mexico, and residents of Cartagena, Colombia. Nash and his wife Janet have built houses for Habitat for Humanity, and after Hurricane Katrina, he traveled to Mississippi to help repair the damage. Nash has been recognized as Fairfield Volunteer of the Year and Fairfield Citizen of the Year.
Christmas Parade route:
- Start at 1501 West Stone Avenue – Iowa National Guard Armory Facility north parking lot at 5pm
- Turn West on West Stone Avenue to North 23rd StreetTurn South on North 23rd Street to West Grimes Avenue
- Turn East on West Grimes Avenue to North 22nd StreetTurn South on North 22nd Street to West Burlington Avenue
- Turn East on West Burlington Avenue to 6th StreetTurn South on South 6th Street to West Adams Avenue
- Turn East on West Adams Avenue to Maple StreetTurn South on South Maple Street to Madison Avenue
- Turn North on South Highland Street to Burlington AvenueTurn West on East Burlington Avenue to D Street
- Turn North on North D Street to Broadway Avenue
- Turn West on East Broadway Avenue to Court StreetTurn South on South Court Street to Burlington Avenue
- Turn West on Burlington Avenue to Main Street
- Turn North on North Main Street – Stop at the middle entrance to Central Park at 6pm/6:15pm
(Friday) 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Central Park, Fairfield, IA 52556